Cocoa Nibs are high in antioxidants and work wonders in this brittle.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or other flaky salt
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper lightly coated with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring to a rapid simmer over medium-high and cook until dark golden, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in margarine, baking soda, fleur de sel and cocoa nibs (mixture will foam). Stir until mixture is no longer bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread with a lightly greased spatula. Let cool until firm, 15 minutes. Break into pieces.
- The brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.