Of course banana, chocolate, and PB are not a new combo but what makes this special are the crunchy cocoa roasted almonds. Last time I was in Philly my mom gave me a bunch of 100-calorie cocoa almond packs to keep in my purse for power snacking while traveling. Look for the OU-certified Cocoa Roast Dark Chocolate Almonds from Emerald on Amazon or at your local grocer, or make your own.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (May/June 2014) - Subscribe Now
- Prep Time
- 1 ServingsServings
- 1 cup chocolate frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 10 Cocoa Roasted Almonds, coarsely chopped, about 1 tablespoon*
- Half a small banana, thinly sliced
Cocoa Roasted Almonds
- 10 almonds
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, optional
1. Swirl 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter into softened chocolate yogurt.
2. Place in freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
3. Top with almonds and banana.
Homemade Cocoa Roasted Almonds:
4. Toss and roast at 400°F for 3-5 minutes.
5. Let cool before coarsely chopping.