I didn't know this was a standard recipe, known to cooks of many countries. I received it via my sister's friend, Jennie, all the way from Israel. I waited five years to get the precise measurements in this recipe, but it was worth it!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (10-ounce) bag chopped onions (or 2 large onions, sliced)
- 1 chicken, about 3-1/2 pounds, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup Coca-Cola
½ cup ketchup
½ cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place onions in prepared pan.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; arrange on top of onions.
- Season chicken with garlic powder.
- In a medium bowl, place Coca-Cola, ketchup, apricot jam and soy sauce, and mix well.
- Pour Coca-Cola mixture over chicken and bake at 375℉ for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Serve warm.