Make Classic Sourdough Stuffing with Duck Bacon and Sausage part of your Thanksgiving menu.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 +Servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package Pelleh duck bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 packages Pelleh Italian sausage, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup chives
- ¼ cup parsley
- 6 cups day-old bread cubes
1. Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add duck bacon and cook, stirring constantly until just beginning to brown.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, and rosemary and cook until vegetables soften and are just beginning to caramelize. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Combine sausage, eggs, stock, vegetable mixture, chives, parsley, and bread cubes in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until almost homogeneous.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place stuffing into a 9- x 13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.