Try this American classic: buttery mashed sweet potatoes topped with browned marshmallows and flavored with honey and fragrant cinnamon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (canned, drained or fresh cooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk or non dairy substitute
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, salt, brown sugar, honey, butter or margarine, and milk or non dairy sub. Mash until combined.
3. Spoon into a buttered 1-quart casserole. Top with marshmallows.
4. Bake until marshmallows are browned.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled. The marshmallows make it even better.