- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 beef skirt steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 small onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 12 small flour tortillas (6 to 7-inch diameter), warmed
- Salt and pepper
- Prepared guacamole (optional)
- 1 package (about 1.25 ounces) fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
2 Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
3 Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onions and bell peppers around steak.
4 Grill flank steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes (skirt steak 10 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
5 Grill vegetables 13 to 16 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
6 Carve flank steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices. (Carve skirt steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.)
7 Cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch strips; coarsely chop onions. Place steak slices on tortillas; top with vegetables.
8 Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with guacamole, if desired.