There are many different variations on the classic guacamole, and this salty and savory combination is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. Classic Bagel and Lox Guacamole is a fusion of traditional Mexican and Jewish flavors.
Do not make guacamole in advance. It's a dish best served fresh.
- Prep Time
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped into ½-inch chunks
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onion or shallot
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 - 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- ½ cup fresh roughly chopped cilantro or parsley
- 4 ounces lox
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 - 3 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill or chives
- Garnish: pickled onions (optional)
1. Combine avocados, red onion, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, red pepper, and cilantro.
2. Chop lox and add to the avocado mixture with cream cheese, capers, and dill or chives.
3. Serve with pickled onions and bagel chips.