- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 blood or Cara Cara orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, peeled and cut into supremes
- 1 white grapefruit, peeled and cut into supremes
- 1/4 recipe (8 tablespoons) Walnut Ginger Honey Syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Walnut Ginger Honey Syrup
- 1 cup mild flavored (e.g. clover) honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced peeled fresh ginger OR strips of orange zest from one large orange
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts
1 Prepare the citrus fruit and set aside. To make supremes, peel the grapefruit removing enough outer peel to expose the flesh.
2 Use a paring knife to cut out each segment of fruit, leaving behind the tough casings that separate each segment.
3 Divide citrus fruit evenly among four salad plates and set aside.
4 Prepare the syrup. In a small saucepan, bring honey and ginger to a low boil.
5 Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat for 1 minute, being careful not to let the honey boil over.
6 Remove from heat and stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature.
7 Toast the coconut by spreading the coconut evenly on a microwavable plate.
8 Heat on high power 5 minutes stirring every 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool.
9 When the syrup has cooled to room temperature drizzle 2 tablespoons on top of each serving of citrus fruit. Top with toasted coconut and serve.
Source: California Walnut Board