Whether a quickie dinner or a recipe to be doubled or tripled according to the number of guests, you can't go wrong with this dish of chicken and mushrooms whose extra tang of lime juice makes the whole meal unique.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 to 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 broiler-fryer chicken parts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil until just soft. Add water chestnuts and remove from heat and set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine lime juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Dip each chicken part in mixture, covering completely.
3. On foil-lined baking pan, arrange chicken in single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange oven rack at least 6-inches from heat and set temperature to broil. Broil chicken about 15 minutes; turn and pour remaining lime-oil mixture over chicken.
5. Broil about 15 minutes more, until fork can be inserted into chicken with ease.
6. Pour mushroom mixture over chicken and return to oven for about 2 minutes, until mushrooms are hot.