On Rosh Hashana we eat sweet foods and round challahs. What could be better than combining these traditions into sweet, doughy, fresh challah sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar?
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 batch challah dough, prepared according to recipe directions
- Raisins (optional)
- 1 beaten egg
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Once dough is prepared and has risen, cut into equal pieces. (Each recipe will determine how many loaves it will yield.)
3. Roll each piece into a long snakelike strand.
4. Sprinkle each strand with cinnamon/sugar. If using raisins, press them in along the strand.
5. Roll up by coiling the strip around itself. Place on parchment-lined or lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with more cinnamon/sugar.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and challah sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.