Why settle standard when you can have super deluxe? Transform your breakfast with cinnamon raisin challah French toast.
- Prep Time
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large loaf cinnamon raisin challah
- unsalted butter
- vegetable oil
- fresh berries, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon sugar and vanilla.
- Slice the challah in 3/4-inch thick slices. Soak as many slices in the egg mixture as possible for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a very large saute pan over medium heat. Add the soaked bread and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- Place the cooked French toast on a sheet pan and keep it warm in the oven. Fry the remaining soaked bread slices, adding butter and oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh berries, if desired.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER