- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 ServingsServings
- 2 packages active dry or cake yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (110° F to 115° F)
- 2 cups milk, scalded and cooled to luke warm
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups prepared Instant Mashed Idaho Potatoes, cold
- 6-8 cups sifted flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar mixed with 2-4 tablespoons water
1 Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2 Blend in milk, sugar, eggs, butter, salt, and potatoes. Add enough flour to make a soft dough; knead well.
3 Place in greased bowl.
4 Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
5 Roll out dough in a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
6 Spread with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins and/or chopped nuts. Roll up dough lengthwise and cut into 3/4 inch slices.
7 Place on greased cookie sheet.
8 Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
9 Bake in preheated 400° F oven for 20-30 minutes.
10 Ice with powdered sugar mixture while still warm.
Source: daho Potato Commission