No one will be able to resist this sweet veggie side dish that’s great with most meat, chicken, and seafood
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 cup baby carrots, rinsed and split lengthwise if very thick (or frozen presliced carrots)
- 2 tablespoon soft tub margarine
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place the carrots in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to barely cover the carrots. Cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 7–8 minutes, just until the carrots are easily pierced with a sharp knife.
- While the carrots are cooking, combine margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small saucepan, and melt together over low heat (or put in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for a few seconds on high power, until margarine is mostly melted). Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Drain carrots, leaving them in the saucepan. Pour cinnamon mixture over carrots. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2–3 minutes, just until carrots are thoroughly coated and the glaze thickens slightly. Serve warm.