- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 28 ounce whole tomatoes canned
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- .5 teaspoon sugar
- .5 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 small fresh jalepeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper dried
- .5 cup cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped
- .5 cup red onion peeled and finely chopped
- .5 cup green bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded, and diced
Reserve 2 whole canned tomatoes and finely chop the rest.
In a blender or food processor, puree remaining canned tomatoes and liquid with the red wine vinegar, olive oil, tomato juice, garlic, salt, and oregano.
Pour mixture into a large bowl. Chop the 2 reserved canned tomatoes and add them into the bowl along with the celery, jalepeno, cayenne pepper, cucumber, red onion, and green bell pepper. Cover tighly and chill for at least 8 hours or up to 3 days.
Serve cold. Just before serving, mix in avocado.