- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 12 fresh flour or corn tortillas, warmed in a skillet or griddle
- 1 package (4 links) Jack’s Gourmet Mexican style chorizo, diced small
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients and mash well. Keep stored in a tightly covered container until ready to serve.
2. In the bowl of a food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until ingredients are just chopped together and well combined. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. Heat about 1 tsp oil in a large sauté pan. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
4. Spread a spoonful of avocado on a tortilla and top with Mexican style chorizo.
5. Spoon some salsa fresca over the top and serve immediately
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Winter 2012 - SUBSCRIBE NOW