- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 pound boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound Jack's Mexican Style Chorizo, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and cut in fine strips
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded non-dairy Jack style block cheese, such as Daiya (optional)
Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and reserve.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Sauté sausage until lightly browned. Add onion, and jalapeno and cook until onion softens. Add boiled potatoes and cook another 3 -5 minutes.
Beat eggs together with cilantro and scallions and pour over chorizo mixture in pan. Let eggs set on bottom. Using a spatula, lift edges of omelet and tilt pan, allowing uncooked egg to reach bottom of pan. When top of omelet just begins to set, fold omelet into thirds and slide onto a cutting board.
Heat panini press according to manufacturer’s directions.
Cut omelet into fourths and place one piece on each tortilla. Top with spinach and cheese. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up. Grill burritos on panini press until tortillas are crisp and filling is heated through. Serve immediately.