This is the best cholent recipe there is!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package flanken, cut between the bones
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic. minced or whole
- 1-2 potatoes per person, cut into sixths
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- ½ cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 can Chipotles in adobo sauce
- ⅓ bag barley (soaked at least 30 minutes)
- ¼ bag of cholent bean mix (soaked at least 30 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Add all ingredients into a slow cooker.
2. Fill with water to ½ inch above the top of the ingredients and mix with your hands. Yes, mix it with your hands.
3. Set slow cooker. If it has 2 settings, set to high, if there are 3 set to low.
4. Close lid, and wait for Shabbat lunch. It will be hard, but it will be worth it.