I love the chocolate/orange flavour combination but it’s easy to switch things up if you’d like. Leave the orange zest out and substitute other liqueurs for the Sabra or dissolve 1 tablespoon of instant coffee in 2 tablespoons of hot water and use instead of the liqueur.
- Prep Time
- 24 ServingsServings
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 11-ounces (300-grams) bittersweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Sabra liqueur (or other liqueur of your choice)
- Cocoa powder, sugar, nuts, coconut for rolling
1. Heat whipping cream and orange zest in a small pot over medium heat until it just starts to simmer. While it's heating, chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
2. When cream starts simmering, take it off the heat and carefully pour over the chocolate. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
3. Gently stir chocolate and cream until all combined and smooth. Cover and chill until firm. This will take a few hours.
4. Once firm, use a small scoop or a tablespoon to portion truffles. Drop directly into dishes of cocoa, chopped nuts, coconut, sugar or anything else you'd like to roll the truffles in (only use sugar if they will be eaten within a day because the sugar will get wet if it sits too long).
5. Once coated, roll into balls and place on a serving dish. Serve immediately or chill until you're ready to serve.
Preparation time doesn't include chill time.