Classic rice pudding is a great dessert. Chocolate rice pudding is even greater!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 - 6Servings
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups milk or non-dairy substitute (almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter or non-dairy substitute (margarine or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
2. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, milk, sugar, vanilla, raisins, butter and cocoa. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 20 to 30 minutes.