Sweetened condensed milk make these Chocolate Raspberry Bars extra rich.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup (2 sticks) :butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups :flour
- 1/2 cup :packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon :salt
- 2 cups :semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) :sweetened, condensed milk
- 1/2 cup :slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup :seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt and mix until just crumbly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- In a microwave bowl combine 1 cup chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and microwave for 1 minute and then stir to combine.
- Heat again if all the chips haven't melted, just an additional 5 to 10 seconds.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the warm crust. Combine the almonds with the remaining crumb mixture and then sprinkle it over the chocolate filling.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.