- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup all-purpose, flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 15- ounce can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup light agave
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
To prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour.
Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium bowl. Blend milk, pumpkin puree and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed. Beat in whole egg and egg white. Stir in oil, agave and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
Bake the cake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely on the rack, about 2 hours.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with glaze.