- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 sticks (1 cup):salted butter
- 4 oz:cream cheese
- 2-3/4 cups:sugar
- 1 large:egg
- 1 tablespoon:peppermint extract (or to taste)
- 3-1/2 cups:flour
- 1 cup:semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl combine the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the egg and extract.
- Blend until mixture is light and fluffy, almost like a spreadable frosting consistency.
- Slowly add flour, about 1 cup at a time.
- The cookie dough will be sticky.
- Separate dough into flat rounds; wrap between plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough flat to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with your favorite cookies cutter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies depending on the size.
- I like to frost these melted semi sweet chocolate chips.
Be sure to chill the dough well before rolling out.