This American parfait, made by layering mousse, meringues, and nuts in a tall glass, can be topped with whipped cream and/or liqueur for the ultimate dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ¼ cups chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups Chocolate Mousse
- 1 ½ cups crumbled meringue
- ½ cup chopped nuts
1. Pour 2 cups water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Place a heatproof bowl on top of the pot, making sure the bowl is not touching the boiling water below.
3. Place chocolate in the bowl and melt chocolate.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and gently mix into the chocolate mixture.
5. Once chocolate and yolks are incorporated, set aside to cool.
6. Place egg whites, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a standing mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
7. Using a spatula, gently fold the chocolate mixture into the stiff egg whites until fully combined.
8. Refrigerate mixture until ready to serve.
To serve: Layer crumbled chocolate chip meringue cookies and chopped nuts with chocolate mousse for an elegant dessert.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Pesach 2013 SUBSCRIBE NOW