- Prep Time
- 15 chocolate graham crackers, crushed finely
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Crush the graham cracker crumbs in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, or crush them in a bag using a rolling pin.
2. Once crushed finely, stir in the melted butter, sugar, and salt.
3. Pour the crumb mixture into a round 9x3-inch springform pan and press firmly to pack the bottom and up the sides of the pan, stopping about an inch from the top rim. You can use the bottom of a small drinking glass to press down and make sure the crust is firmly packed.
4. If baking in a water bath (which is recommended), use foil to wrap the outside bottom and sides of the pan well.
Freeze unbaked crust until ready to fill with cheesecake.
NOTE: If you like a crunchier crust, you can bake it at 350°F for ten minutes. Allow to cool completely before pouring in batter.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Shavuot 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW