- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pie crustServings
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter with the sugars until smooth.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
6. Press half the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9x3-inch springform.
7. If baking in a water bath (which is recommended), use foil to wrap the outside bottom and sides of the pan well. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove. Allow to cool.
Freeze unbaked crust until ready to fill.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Shavuot 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW