Walnuts have always been the classic Passover treat. These walnut "sandwiches," filled with almond paste and dipped in chocolate will be a treat all year long.
- Prep Time
- 2/3 cup almond paste, room temp
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (not granules)
- 72 walnut halves
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
1. Mix the almond paste, coffee liqueur and coffee powder until smooth.
2. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture on the flat side of a walnut half and top with another walnut half, forming a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining almond paste and walnuts.
3. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
4. Dip one end of the walnut in the melted chocolate and set on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining filled walnuts and chocolate.
5. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigeration.