One bowl and one spoon! That’s all that lies between you and a lovely breakfast. Stir together simple ingredients, pat together the dough, bake, and then pat yourself on the back. Pattycake indeed!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- about 12Servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, such as Callebaut chocolate
- ½ cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into very small pieces
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream for brushing the tops
1. Line a baking sheet with a double layer of parchment paper and preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, chocolate, and almonds, if using.
3. Make a well and add heavy cream and butter. Mix together with a spoon until you have a shaggy looking dough (the butter will still be visible), if the dough doesn't come together, add a teaspoon of cream.
4. Dump dough onto a countertop or large cutting board and pat together to form a rectangle about a half-inch thick.
5. Cut about 12 squares and place on prepared pan.
6. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle sugar on top.
7. Bake at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway, until golden brown.
8. Cool before serving. Serve with butter, jam, cream cheese, peanut butter, or anything your heart desires.