From the outside you may be expecting a regular chocolate cake, but the almond ripple going through gives extra pizzazz that won't be forgotten.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bundt cakeServings
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup almond paste
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons margarine, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups (2½ sticks) margarine, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⅓ cups cake flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup non-dairy creamer
1. In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together margarine and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients alternately with non-dairy creamer, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
4. Pour half the batter into greased bundt pan.
5. Remove almond ripple and carefully spoon evenly over batter, being careful not to touch the sides of the pan.
6. Cover with remaining batter and bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
7. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.
Contributed by: GourmetKosherCooking.com