- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1-1/2 cups:flour
- 3/4 cup:unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons:baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon:salt
- 3/4 cup:butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/4 cups:white sugar
- 1 :egg
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg.
- Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces, flatten and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch in thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Dough is sticky so be sure to add more flour to the rolling surface as needed.
- Place cookies 1 1/2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies depending on the size.