My husband loves spicy foods, so when he asked for kugel, this is what I surprised him with! It's a traditional kugel spiced up with smoky chipotle peppers and sweetened with corn!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serves 4-6 PeopleServings
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 medium potatoes you can also use 2 bags of frozen (thawed) hash brown potatoes for a quick fix!
- 2 large onions
- 5 large eggs
- 5 tablespoon Matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 chipotle peppers chopped finely, canned variety kosher
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour the vegetable oil into a 9x13 baking dish. Place the baking dish into the oven to warm.
2. Grate potatoes or take the easy route and use frozen hash brown potatoes!
3. Place potatoes into a colander and let sit, squeeze out any water.
4. Grate or chop the onion and add to the grated potatoes.
5. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the eggs and beat them, add the salt and pepper. Add the chipotle peppers and corn. Mix to incorporate.
6. Place the grated potatoes and onions into a large bowl.
7. Add the egg mixture to the potato bowl.
8. Add the chopped cilantro and the matzo meal. Mix to incorporate.
9. Remove the baking dish from the oven, pour out the hot oil. Spoon potato kugel into the hot baking dish and place back into the oven.
10. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until browned and crisp on top!