When you have leftovers, turn them into fritters. These Quinoa Cakes are so amazing. It was really fun making Chinese Egg Rolls for Passover last year, but it was not easy or fast and I am not running to do it again. This recipe offers a crispy Asian appetizer that is easier and healthier.
For the cooked quinoa you can use plain or try making a big batch of my Stir Fried Quinoa and use some of it to make these cakes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup cooked (leftover) and cooled quinoa
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
- Gold's Duck Sauce
1. Mix quinoa with an egg. Form into patties and coat with matzo meal. Set aside on a plate.
2. Bring a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add oil.
3. Place patties in hot oil and cook on both sides until browned. Remove to paper towels.
4. Serve with Gold's Duck Sauce.