This fresh and healthy sauce is a wonderful accompaniment to steak, chicken, or hamburgers. This sauce is also a delicious dip for challah.
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup parsley leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, washed and dried or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Place the sauce in a glass or pottery container, cover and refrigerate for 2-6 hours (this will allow the flavors to develop). Remove from fridge about half an hour before using. This sauce will keep for up to one week.
This is so delicious we suggest making a double batch.