You can make this dip using dry or fresh herbs. If using fresh herbs, blend the ingredients together for a smooth consistency, or finely chop everything for a coarser dip.
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes or ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro or ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon oregano, or 1 sprig fresh oregano; or a few basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (I use light)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Combine all ingredients to make a green paste.
2. Add paste to ½ cup mayo.
3. Combine well.
4. Prepare different plates of your favorite veggies to be used as a side dish for the chicken skewers. Pita chips are great on the side and for dipping as well. For pita sandwiches, stuff pita with desired veggies, add cut-up grilled chicken, and top with above dressings. For the salad, build salad using desired veggies, add grilled chicken, pita chips, and above dressings.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW