These chili nacho cups are a great appetizer for the holidays. Don’t worry, you can still use cheese with these nachos! Just go dairy free. My favorite is Daiya Pepperjack Non-Dairy Cheese because it melts like regular cheese and has a great kick of spice. You can also change it up and use fake-meat with real cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 bag tortilla chip cups
- 1 pound ground meat
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup non-dairy cheese shredded
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers sliced
1. To make chili, heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add the ground meat. Begin browning the meat and add paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
2. When the meat is cooked through, add the crushed tomatoes and stir. Lower the stove to medium-low heat and simmer the chili for 3o minutes.
3. While the meat is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Add the chili to the tortilla chip cups and top with dairy free cheese. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
5. Top with a slice of jalapeno.