Get Naf Hanau's secret steak rub and Jamie Geller's secret steak sauce all in one amazing recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 teaspoons ground dried ancho chiles
- 8 teaspoon ground dried chipotle peppers
- 4 teaspoons ground dark roast coffee
- 2 teaspoons toasted garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons toasted onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ red onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Blend all of the rub spices together. This will make more than you need, save for future use.
2. Rub steaks all over with the spices and let sit while you preheat your grill.
3. Prepare your chimichurri. Throw the first 9 ingredients basil through pepper into a food processor and pulse a few times. Add the vinegar and pulse again. Turn processor on while you slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Once blended, remove to a bowl and adjust seasoning to taste.
3. Now that the grill is hot, add your steaks. Once grill is hot place your steaks on and don't touch until a full sear develops, between 1 and 5 minutes. Once seared turn to the other side. After both sides are seared, lower the heat and continue cooking until done.
4. Remove to a plate and loosely tent with foil for about 10 minutes.
5. When ready, slice thin and serve with chimichurri.
6. Watch the video to learn how-to cook to your preferred level of doneness and to learn how-to make steak indoors.
Get your pasture raised kosher meat here at Grow and Behold.
Recipe by Naftali Hanau
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.