This is an easy Mexican-style dinner for a perfect kid-friendly fiesta.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, aobut a 3-pound chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) jar mild salsa, divided
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 yellow corn taco shells
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce (1/2 head), rinsed and dried
- soy sour cream
1 In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook shredded chicken with 1 cup salsa.
2 In a medium bowl, toss tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro.
3 To assemble tacos, lay out all 12 tacos on a work surface. Evenly distribute the chicken, then beans, then avocado, then lettuce and finally the tomato mixture among the tacos. Serve tacos with sides of non-dairy sour cream and the remaining salsa.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW