Make chicken soup in less than an hour, but that tastes like it was simmering all day. The secret is a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot.
I like to use skinless chicken so the soup is less greasy, but you can keep the skin on if that is your preference.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 whole chicken, cut up skin removed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 parsnips, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
1. Place all the chicken pieces into the pot. Top with onions, carrots, parsnips, celery, dill, salt and pepper. Add water to cover everything in the pot by 1-inch.
2. Place the cover the on the pot and set to cook for 50 minutes in an Instant Pot or place on a medium flame and cook for 50 minutes after it comes to pressure.
3. Release pressure, allow soup to cool enough to strain out all the vegetables and chicken.
4. Cut the chicken off the bone and add back to soup broth with vegetables if desired. Serve over noodles or with matzo balls.