- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 ServingsServings
- 24 6-inch bamboo skewers
- .5 cup chicken broth
- .33 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon teriyaki marinade/sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon gingeroot peeled and grated
- .25 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1.25 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium green bell peppers cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 medium red bell peppers cut into 1-inch squares
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
In a small saucepan, combine chicken broth, peanut butter, teriyaki marinade/sauce, lime juice, gingeroot, and cayenne. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes or until blended, stirring frequently. Set sauce aside.
Cut chicken diagonally into strips, about 3 inches long and .75 inches wide.
On each bamboo skewer, thread 1 green pepper square, 1 red pepper square, and 1 strip of chicken. Brush chicken skewers with .25 cup of the sauce. Place skewer into foil-lined pan. You will have sauce left over--don't worry, you'll use it later.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Bring remaining sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Serve skewered chicken with the warm sauce.