I love Bosc pears. They are crisp, sweet, and spicy. They are wonderful salad pears and terrific for cooking and baking.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- ¼ cup Buffalo-style wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Bosc pears, unpeeled
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 (5-ounce) package arugula, rinsed and dried
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ½ cup bottled raspberry vinaigrette, divided
- 1 cup store-bought candied walnuts
1. In a medium bowl, toss chicken strips with wing sauce. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Cook chicken strips in the oil for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. While chicken is cooking, halve and core the pears and cut them into wedges.
3. Squeeze lemon juice over pears to prevent browning. In a large serving bowl, toss arugula and onions with ¼ cup raspberry vinaigrette.
4. Top with pear wedges, chicken strips, and walnuts. Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)