- Prep Time
- 6 Qt.Servings
- 1 Sarah's Spring chickens from Grow and Behold
- 4-6 Qt. Water
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 bags of extra wide home style noodles (also called dumpling style noodles)
- 2-3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3-6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4-1/2 cup warm water
1. Thaw chicken, rinse and place into your 6qt. slow cooker. Add enough water to almost cover the chicken and place the onion in. Slow cook overnight or for at least 6 hours to cook the chicken and get a delish broth.
2. Once cooked thoroughly pull the chicken out on a platter and let sit until it's cool enough to handle. While that's cooling get the noodles into the pot to start cooking. Add the seasonings. Mix the flour and warm until until you have a slurry: how much flour you use will depend on how thick you want it (it varies every time I make it, play around with it and make it yours! ) This will help thicken the dumplings and give a wonderful homey texture. After the chicken is cooled pull the meat from the bones, making sure to get every bone out. The place the chicken back into the crock pot with the noodles, spices, and thickener. Cook on med - low until the noodles are fully cooked. All the best!