- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups corn flake crumbs 375 - 500 mL
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Old Style (coarse grain) Dijon mustard 125 mL
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise 125 mL
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4 inch (2 cm) strips
- 1/2 cup guava juice or orange juice 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp vinegar 15 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce 2 mL
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger 10 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp water 15 mL
1 In medium bowl, combine corn flake crumbs and salt and pepper.
2 In separate small bowl, combine mustard and mayonnaise. Mix well. Spread chicken pieces with mayonnaise mixture and roll in cornflake crumbs.
3 Place on parchment lined baking sheet or nonstick baking sheet. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
4 Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine guava juice, vinegar, canola oil, sugar, hot pepper sauce, ginger, garlic and honey. Bring to a boil while stirring.
5 Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to saucepan stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Serve warm as a dipping sauce.