- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cup broth chicken or vegetable
- 1 can coconut milk 14oz unsweetened
- .5 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 jalapeno chili seeded and minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves cut into .75-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- .25 cup green onion or shallots chopped
- .25 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup white rice cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 dash pepper to taste
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 2-3 teaspoon garlic minced
Bring broth, coconut milk, curry powder, garlic, and chili to simmer in saucepan over medium heat.
Add chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes).
Remove pan from the heat. Add lime juice, green onion, cilantro, rice, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine.
To serve: ladle soup into bowls. Pass around lime wedges separately.
Great weeknight meal with a green salad.