- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- Cooking spray
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into ½-inch slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½-inch thick wedges
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing or marinade
- Preheat broiler to high. Lightly spray a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, zucchini, onion, tomatoes, and dressing; toss to coat. Thread any combination of chicken and vegetables onto skewers and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil on high for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Yield: 12 skewers, 6 servings
MAKE IT A MEAL: Serve with rice pilaf.
DRESS IT UP: Look for long, thick-branched rosemary sprigs to use as elegant skewers and to add a touch of extra flavor to your dish. Pull off most of the rosemary leaves to save for another use, leaving the herbs at the top of the skewer intact. Add multicolored bell peppers, yellow squash, and yellow pear tomatoes to enhance the colors. Assemble and broil as instructed above.