- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 package (10 oz) fully cooked chicken breast strips
- 1/2 package (10 oz) thin Asian rice noodles
- 1 package (6 oz) bagged salad lettuce, with carrots
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 2 TBLS scallions, chopped
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 8 sheets (8 inch) round dried rice paper (available in Asian section of supermarket)
1 Prepare rice noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside. Working with one sheet of rice paper at a time, completely immerse a sheet of rice paper in hot water for a few seconds.
2 Remove from water; lay flat on work surface. On one half of rice paper, place small handful of lettuce and carrots, four slices of chicken, two or three cilantro leaves, two or three mint leaves, a pinch of scallion, four or five sliced mushrooms and a small wad of noodles.
3 Fold bottom half of the rice paper up over the filling; roll up the sides of the paper to close roll into a pocket.
4 Serve on 8 small plates over additional lettuce leaves, with Spicy Tomato Chili Sauce (recipes follow).
5 Spicy Tomato Chili Sauce: 1/2 cup bottled Asian chili-garlic sauce (or sweet and sour sauce), 1 cup ketchup, 2 TBLS white wine vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
Source: National Chicken Council