- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced finely
- 1 celery stalk, diced finely
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary, minced or crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 In large Dutch oven or ovenproof, lidded skillet, warm olive oil over medium high heat.
2 Season pieces of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in pan in single layer (in batches, if necessary), and cook chicken, turning, until well browned, about 10 minutes per side.
3 Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
4 Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
5 To pan on stove, add onion, carrot and celery; sauté until slightly softened, about 2 -3 minutes.
6 Add garlic, rosemary and oregano; sauté one minute more. Add tomatoes and peppers; cook 3 – 4 minutes. Add wine, increase heat to high and boil until liquid reduces by half, about 8 minutes. Add vinegar.
7 Return chicken pieces to pan, cover and place in oven. Cook chicken until tender and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
Source: National Chicken Council