Here is my very own kosher version of the NYC Shake Shack's Chicago Hot Dog.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 on-the-vine tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, then sliced
- 1 kosher dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon celery salt
- Sweet relish
- Yellow mustard
1. Cook hot dogs according to package instructions.
2. In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, pickles, poppy seeds, and celery salt.
3. Place the buns on a serving platter. Place a hot dog on each bun with 2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture, and relish and mustard to taste.
4. Serve with Shoestring French Fries.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)