- 30 pralines ServingsServings
- 10½ ounces chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate (pareve or dairy)
- ¼ cup chopped Craisins
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts (optional)
1. Prepare the coating. Melt chocolate. Fill molds with chocolate up to the top. Wait 2 minutes and turn molds over on a sheet of parchment paper to drain off excess chocolate (the exterior of the chocolate will remain in the mold, creating a cavity in the center for you to fill). Reserve excess chocolate. Clean off the surface of the molds with a spatula and freeze for 10 minutes. Remove molds from freezer.
2. Prepare the filling. Place a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, pour sugar into pan and melt until sugar turns honey-colored. Slowly add whipped topping and honey and stir with a wooden spoon until completely smooth. Remove from heat and add white chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts. Add Craisins, pistachios, and hazelnuts (if using). Cool for 5 minutes. Carefully fill molds almost to the top, but not quite, leaving room to seal the bottom of the pralines with chocolate coating. Freeze for 2 hours.
4. Melt excess chocolate reserved from the first stage of the coating. Remove molds from freezer and top up filling with a thin layer of chocolate that completely covers the filling and creates a base for the praline. Freeze for a half hour and remove pralines from molds.