Try making this quick bread filled with chocolate, walnuts and cherries for a breakfast, brunch or dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 18 ServingsServings
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream or lowfat sour cream
- 1 large, very ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Soak dried cherries in very hot water for about 15 minutes and drain thoroughly prior to chopping them
2 Coarsely chop and set aside.
3 In bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until smooth.
4 Beat in sour cream, banana and vanilla until blended. In a separate medium bowl, combine dry ingredients; add to banana mixture beating on low speed until just mixed.
5 Fold in nuts and chopped cherries.
6 Spread batter into 9”X5” loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick spray, and bake about 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7 Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
8 Store in a sealed plastic bag in fridge or freezer.
Source: California Walnut Board