Give your matzo pizza an "up-do" this Passover with our exquisite cherry tomato and fresh basil version.
- Prep Time
- 4-6 servings ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 matzos
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and basil to the skillet. Simmer for five minutes.
- Combine tomato, basil and garlic mixture with parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Line 2-3 baking sheets with foil; spray with non-stick spray.
- Place matzos on baking sheets and spread evenly with jarred tomato sauce. Top each matzo with the tomato, basil and garlic mixture and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER