I love the flavor the Jalapeno Cilantro Cheese adds to these muffins and not to mention the texture. There is a nice gooeyness to it. Would be great with a veggie chilli.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 muffins ServingsServings
- 1 cup all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk mixed with a tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Sincerely Brigitte Jalapeno Cilantro Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk, coconut oil, and eggs until well blended. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until combined. Fold in the flavored cheese. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and serve.
Recipe is adapted from TwoPeasandTheirPod